Monday, February 13, 2017

Review: Wind and Fire @fourbornbooks

TITLE: Wind and Fire
SERIES: Fourborn #1
AUTHOR: Megan Futcher
RELEASE DATE: October 6th, 2015
FORMAT: Ebook
SOURCE: complimentary copy


In a world where the four elements rule as gods, the Gaias of Wind, Fire, Water and Earth determine the existence and fate of every man and woman. Threatening this seemingly perfect world this the Fourborn – a yet to be identified being born of all four races and the only one who has the power to set mankind free from it's elemental shackles. 

Divinely chosen in the pending chaos is a guardian from each race. With the words of an ancient prophesy as their only guide, they must find and protect the Fourborn at all costs or risk losing everything they hold dear. 

Kofi, an inexperienced warrior finds himself in a war without end. Fleeing the devastation, bloodshed and terror, he leaves his beloved homeland behind as he sets out on a journey with the promise of finding a cause that is worth fighting for. 

Lela, a child of the Wind and the Fire is determined to escape the life she was born into. Faced with a war of her own, she must find an inner balance if she is to claim the life she so desires. 

The worlds of Wind and Fire collide when Kofi and Lela find themselves caught up in an adventure of enormous proportions. Setting out on a mission that spans three lands, they must defy not only their Gaias and the prophesy but themselves in order to find the Fourborn while the dangers of an all consuming darkness takes shape around them.

I was born into a family of dedicated bibliophiles. I'm a proud introvert and some of my fondest memories are those of visiting libraries and local book stores. In many ways, growing up I saw my library card as my best friend. 

From the moment I was able to write a full sentence I was dabbling around with words, creating stories out of the fictional worlds and the characters that lived on in my imagination. Nearing the end of my school years I was swept up in the fast paced world of food and with a box of my most precious books under my arm, I moved away from home, determined to become a chef. After three years of study I graduated with a diploma in professional cooking. But it was during the many hours of pre-service preparation that I often found my mind wandering to a fantasy land and all I did on my days off was browse book stores and read. 

A move to a new country in 2010 set about a massive change in my personal and professional life. The long, fruitless hours I was spending in the kitchen finally caught up with me and in 2014 I took the plunge, trading my knives for a keyboard. 

My love of reading extends to a diverse range of genres including – fantasy, historical fiction, science fiction and the supernatural. People and cultures have always fascinated me too and I enjoy thumbing through heavy books on anthropology and archaeology. 

My novels and novellas dive into an unknown world before recorded history and I love asking the 'what if' question while I create and write a fantasy spin on human evolution.
The decision I made to 'go indie' started with me opening a new project in Scrivener for Linux, from there my eyes have been opened to so many fantastic possibilities. I'm a massive supporter of letting the creative mind go wild and indie publishing is such a great way to express oneself freely. I've met so many amazing people on my journey so far and the knowledge I'm gaining along the way is invaluable and I can only see it expanding as the indie revolution across all industries explodes in the coming future. 

Along with reading everything I can get my hands on, I'm an enthusiastic gamer (who is determined to get over FPS – first person sickness). I also love movie date nights, yoga and cooking for my family and friends. 

I currently live in Perth, Western Australia with my Trekkie husband, Andy.




Wind and Fire is a well thought and good written science fiction-fantasy with interesting characters and a smooth rhythm. 

With a prophecy as a guide, Kofi and Lela end up together living a tremendous adventure. The story has a lot of action and chapter by chapter a whole story is built. Their relationship flows naturally and you want them to be happy and successful in their quest.

The descriptions are really good and help to imagine this world divided into four races

Of course being the first book we still have some questions to answer. Overall is a good read and quite entertaining. The alternating POV was a good thing and I enjoyed it a lot.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!

Search This Blog

Pageviews