Friday, September 2, 2016

Review: Love Always, Kate @dNicholeKing


TITLE: Love Always, Kate
SERIES: Love Always #1
AUTHOR: D. Nichole King
RELEASE DATE: April 3rd, 2014
PUBLISHER: Limitless Publishing LLC
FORMAT: Paperback & ebook


Dear Diary, Leukemia’s been my life since I was eleven. Now, six years later, I want my life back. Only I’m not sure what that is. The test results came back today. 22,000. Which means I’m officially out of remission—again. I have three options: 1) Another round of chemo.
2) A super-new experimental drug.
3) Dump it all— forget the meds and treatments and enjoy the time I have left.
I think I know what I want. Then, in walks Damian, changing everything.
I mean, everything…
He’s got his own set of issues. It binds us together, you know? We understand what it’s like to lose what matters most in seconds. Still, the last thing I need is to have someone else to crush if I can’t fight hard enough. And the last thing he needs is someone else to grieve.
Never mind. I’m down to two options now.
Somehow I know that whichever one I choose, the result will be the same. With the sand in my hourglass seeping to the bottom, I hope there’s enough left to show Damian that life’s worth living.
Worth fighting for. Worth dying for.
Love Always,
Kate

AMAZON | B & N
I'm pretty sure I drink too much Pepsi. I'm also pretty sure that somedays it's what keeps me sane. Well, Pepsi and writing, that is.

I'm a dreamer, an inspirer. I find beauty in weakness, brokenness, and heartbreak. In life, and joy, and happiness. These moments don't define us, but the choices we make in these moments do.

I write about these moments. About the choices we make and the paths we tread. About the circumstances that make us who we are and the experiences that will lead us to who we will become.

I write about life. Love. Pain. And hope.

"It's not about the ending; it's about the journey."


There are many books about cancer out there (or other terminal diseases) so it's hard to find a really good book that gives you something different. 'Love Always, Kate' is a sweet, easy to read and human book.

Kate has been dealing with Leukemia since she was eleven and this is the third time she has to go through a round of chemo. As any other seventeen-year-old girl she only wants to be happy and of course, to be cured. But when Damian appears everything changes. This broken boy will test all she believes about being happy and will make her question why living is so worthy?

Kate is a really nice character, her personality is fresh and contagious and through her diary entries, we get to really know her. Her fears, doubts, and hopes are normal and they only make her more real. Damian is the opposite, his bad boy attitude and good looks make him charming to Kate and she will have to dig to find out what's underneath his mask.

The book has a really good writing style, the scenes flow really fast and you will finish chapter after chapter without a problem. The characters are well described and it's easy to imagine this story in real life.

I liked how deep the emotions were sometimes. The feelings were intense as you can imagine when dealing with a subject as cancer. The ending is a bit predictable but it still is a really good book.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews