Friday, December 4, 2015

Review: Nothing is Strange @strangebookseye

TITLE: Nothing is Strange
AUTHOR: Mike Russell
RELEASE DATE: December 31st 2014
PUBLISHER: Strange  Books
FORMAT: Paperback & ebook
SOURCE: complimentary in exchange of an honest review thanks to Strange books


20 mind-expanding short stories. Inspiring, liberating, otherworldly, magical, surreal, bizarre, funny, disturbing, unique... all of these words have been used to describe the stories of Mike Russell so put on your top hat, open your third eye and enjoy: Nothing Is Strange.


I can't even begin to explain how much I enjoyed this book. Nothing Is Strange is a collection of 20 short stories, each one unique and magical on their own way.

The author creates 20 worlds using few pages but all the stories are vivid and dynamic. The writing is excellent and drags you into the pages using powerful words.

It's true that this book might not be for everyone. Some stories have a dark sense of humor; others are simply bizarre in a Kubrick kind of way. They could be labeled as strange, surreal or other adjectives you want to use but the world needs more ODD books filled with strange stories.

I have to talk about some of my favorites.
"The Diaries of Sun City": I loved all the different emotions the narrator goes through, it goes from an empty place to doubt, then to hope and ultimately to a sensations of freedom and happiness! Some author can't do that in 400 pages and Mike did in only 10.
"The Meeting": this one is now my favorite example of a love story. A simple act can change lives.
"The Living Crown": is a master piece. I like the evolution of the character and his discovery of the truth.
“The Shining Flower”: I think is my favorite of all because is directly talking to us the reader and what it says is magical and deep.

I could talk about each one but I think is up to you to discover them and find the beauty and the secret each one has only for you.

Like I said at the beginning I loved this book. Each story made me feel something different but they all made me feel. The purpose of reading for me is; make the reader feel something he or she cannot experience by any other way.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!

Search This Blog

Pageviews