Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Promo & interview - False Pretenses @scottrkramer


Author: Scott R. Kramer
Publisher: Eagle Ridge Press 
Genre: Political Thriller
#of Pages: 360
Publication Date: April, 2015

A stolen election. Domestic terrorism. Extortion. Once in power, and consumed by greed, Pete Reeves will stop at nothing to have more of both. It's a non-stop race around the world to prevent the President from going to war to further his own ambitions. Politics takes one unexpected turn after another in "False Pretenses," the new political thriller by Scott Kramer.


Scott Kramer is a former investment advisor and now runs a manufacturing company. He grew up in New Jersey and has a Bachelors Degree and Masters Degree, both in finance. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife and three children. False Pretenses is his debut political thriller novel. 

Follow Scott on twitter: @scottrkramer



Who are your favorite authors?
I really like Vince Flynn, Daniel Silva, Brad Thor, and Lee Child.  I’ve stayed up way too late reading all of their books. I’ve turned a number of other people on to them as well and they curse me for it.

What inspires you to write?
I just have these stories in my head that I want to tell. I’m a creative person.  When those ideas are for physical products, I design them and make a prototype to see if it’s marketable.  When they have been, I’ve manufactured them.  When it comes to a story, I try to write it down and develop it into a book.

What are your dreams five years from now? 
Three to five years from now, I'd like to have a few books published and I'd like them to be somewhere in the movie-making process. It would be nice if at least one was already a finished movie but I would be happy if one of my manuscripts were  bought for movie rights.

What are some tips for finishing your manuscript?
Don’t stop writing until it’s done and then edit, edit, edit. After that, read your manuscript a couple more times to give you that clarity as a reader. Find beta readers who can provide their opinions, what is good, bad or the things that need to improve. You will miss simple mistakes just by the nature of it being your work. Feedback is invaluable, if you are open to minor criticisms. It’s always better to hear the criticisms up-front rather than receiving less than favorable reviews after you publish. Too many times writers put the story down on paper as to what they imagine it should be, but it’s not until you can experience the book as a reader that you know the story is ready for your audience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews