Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Blog Tour: Morgan’s Mountain @roanepublishing


Title:  Morgan’s Mountain, A Montana Series Novella 
Author:  Krista Ames 
Publisher:  Roane Publishing 
Release Date:  July 13, 2015

On the proverbial run from another failed relationship, Morgan finds herself in the one place she always found solace. With every intention of being alone, she’s surprised when she comes across the one person she never expected.
Luke would go to the ends of the earth to figure out why Morgan ran away five years ago and make things right with her. However, a dangerous trek up the mountains to her family’s cabin might not have been the smartest choice. To say she was happy to see him would be a huge lie.  Having to rescue him, mortifying for Luke. Toss a kidnapper into the mix and their feelings for each other are brought into perspective, revealing parts of themselves they never thought would come to light.
 


Born and raised in Northern Indiana, Krista now resides in Northern Lower Michigan.  She is married to a very supportive man who allows her to follow her true passion of writing and never complains when she is pirated away on her computer for hours.  He is excellent at bouncing ideas around with and even helps the occasional writers block.  He’s also a terrific “in house” editor.  Krista is also a mother of 4 ornery children who keep her plenty busy.  With an addition of 2 beautiful chocolate lab sisters and a playful kitty, there is never a dull or spare moment in her household.  

Krista has always loved to read and would often sit up for hours into the night not able to put down a book until she was finished.  She still reads when she can but her main focus is creating her own stories to share with the world.  

She loves to communicate with her readers so please feel free to drop her a line anytime.


Playlist for writing Mixed Genre
(by Krista Ames)

With not listening to music while I write, I turn to movies because I like having familiar background noise and the theme of the movie kind of channels me into the right mood.  Unfortunately I haven’t published as of yet in any of these other genre’s.  If and when I do, they will be worked in as a subgenre to Romance.
This is my secondary playlist and a mix genre of horror/thriller/slasher/mystery & paranormal type movies.  I like scary movies almost as much as romance movies.  I only wish this genre would rub off a little more, making it easier for me to write them J someday
On a good note, I do have a few paranormal stories jotted down with the first thousand or two words written if that counts?

Ok, this list could go on and on…I feel bad leaving so many good ones out, these are just what came to me without thinking too much.  And of course the same goes with this list as does the Romance list, I use them as background but sometimes find myself watching more of the movie than writing J
* * * * *
Disturbia
(I hear a lot of negative about Shia LaBeouf but I still like his movies)
My Soul to Take  (this is a good go-to movie for me)
Van Helsing (It’s the wolf shifter and vampire)
The Underworld series
The Scream Movies (My kids hate it when I watch these)
The Paranormal Activity Movies, The Conjuring, Insidious
(These scare the crap outta me but I watch them anyway)
Twilight Series Movies (It’s too hard to pick Team Edward or Team Jacob)
Harry Potter Series Movies (wish I could live in Hogwarts)
Signs
(Or almost any Mel Gibson movie)

Devil
(Or any M. Night Shyamalan movie)

Hocus Pocus, Practical Magic, Haunted Mansion, Halloweentown series
(Any witchy movie J)
 

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Morgan's Mountain is a sweet, fast, light romance that proves that second chances are real and that love wins at the end.

Morgan has decided to spend a few days alone in the mountains away from everything and everyone. However, Luke is determined to gain her again. A snow storm traps him and she is the one who has to rescue him.

Then, we find out that they share a past and things didn't end up well between them. We witness how their feelings re-surface and there's a lot of arguing about what happened six years ago and where they stand right now.

The story moves on pretty quickly because it's a short book so things evolve fast. This is not a bad thing because it’s a book that won’t take you long to read and it’s entertaining. If romance is a genre you enjoy this one is perfect. It’s a light love story with a happy ending.

The characters are good. They have good chemistry and their love sounds real. The dialogues are ok and the writing is great too.

I do have to say that there was one thing that bothered me. What was she running from?? The blurb and also she stated that she is running from another failed relationship, but there is never much explanation about it.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews