Friday, February 13, 2015

Review: Severance @DD_Chant

Severance (The Chronicles of Discord, #2)Title: Severance 
Author: D.D. Chant
Series: The Chronicles of Discord #2
Release Date: December 17th 2014
Format: Ebook
Publisher: self-published
Source: complimentary copy in exchange of an honest review.
ADD TO GOODREADS

The Head Families are at war, those who oppose Elder Headman Amajit view Astra's acceptance into the house of Singh as an abomination, a pollution of the pure Una bloodlines.
Duty and honour ought to be clear, still Kai and Astra must learn to overcome their past and rely on each other, or face death.
Senator Burton remains trapped in the Tula strongholds with no word of his son. Should he compromise, or seize the chance to stop Ladron?
Ben seems safe under Amajit's protection, but time is running out and a man once accustomed to influence, finds himself a pawn in a play for power.
The separation has begun...
 


D.D. ChantIn her own words....

"Hi everyone!
My name is Dee Dee, I'm twenty seven and I live in a beautiful part of Devon, England, with my family.
That introduction made me feel a little bit like I was on Blind Date!!!
As our house is in the countryside we have some unusual neighbours including chickens, ducks, geese, pheasants, a cat (that adopted us when we moved in!!!) and some koi. I also have a very long suffering younger sister, Jingle, who is a brilliant guitar player. She keeps me supplied with coffee and brownies, generally making sure that the Chant household doesn't grind to a halt.
I really hope you enjoy reading my books as much as I enjoy writing them.
I love reading and have a kindle, I enjoy almost every genre; if there is adventure and romance I'll be there with coffee and a brownie! I also like to cook and wear impractical high heels! You may also have noticed that I have a horrible addiction to exclamation marks!!!"


WEBSITE TWITTER | GOODREADS | AMAZON

The sequel to Fracture in The Chronicles of Discords is as good as the first book. Severance has a solid plot, a well thought background where every detail has been placed somewhere for a reason.

At first it was hard to remember who was who, and like the first time it took we a while to recall every name. I had to go and read my review for book one because I couldn't recall what was going on. There are so many subplots that it's easy to get lost. However, once you get into the story and get all the names in place, Severance is a really good book. A dystopia with good doses of mystery and a sweet romance.

The central story this time is focused on Astra and Kai. After taking the final vows to consolidate their arranged marriage, they will have to rely in each other in order to survive. Two strangers forced into an uncomfortable situation will lead to a sweet story about two people getting to know each other and finding out that they are no so different after all.

Astra continues being the strong, brave woman I remember. Kai is a character difficult to know. He acts according to the rules and uses tradition as his anchor, however, as we read we get to know different sides of him to eventually discover a likeable character. These two together are a couple full of suprises and good moments.

The action is always present with the different alliances and the evil plans to rule the different nations. Even though this time the action takes places mostly in the Una nation we still have glimpses of the Tula territory, those chapters hold a lot of important information.

I really liked the fight scenes because is funny and interesting imagine a future where once more men fight with swords instead of guns. It adds a fantasy element, one that I enjoyed a lot.

The writing allows us to picture each scenario due to its details. The characters are all really good, the good ones have remarkable characteristics and most of them have their small moment in the spotlight.

Overall, this one is a great dystopia. It's a sequel that continues making the series even better.

Side note... I should give the author less stars for keeping me waiting for so long to read this book. I hope book 3 comes faster because there is a lot to solve and I can't wait to read more.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely review, Ruty! I'm so glad you enjoyed Severance!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!

Search This Blog

Pageviews