Monday, June 2, 2014

REVIEW - The Professor's Pet @TaraCrescent

The Professor's Pet
Title: The Professor's Pet
Author: tara Crescent
Release Date:
January 29th 2014
Format: E-book
Publisher:
Amazon Digital Services
Source: complimentary copy via @netgalley
Have you ever been dangerously attracted to your professor?

Jake Ballard. He is smug and mocking, but his body is the stuff of epic fantasy. Now, through an unfortunate twist of fate, he holds my smut-filled Kindle in his hands.

I have a decision to make. Can Professor Ballard be my instructor in this world of bondage, dominance, and submission? And, eight weeks later, when my class is at an end, can I walk away from Jake?

ADD IT TO YOUR TBR-LIST: GOODREADS
BUY IT: AMAZON
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE AUTHOR: WEBSITETWITTER | GOODREADSGOOGLE+

 *****

MY REVIEW.


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Professor's Pet is a short novel that introduces us in the BDSM world with a more real perspective and a love story in the middle.

After exchanging Kindles by mistake, Emily and Jake set on an erotic relationship. What starts as an educational relationship becomes a game where heart is at stake.

First of all let me tell you that if you are looking a taboo relationship in this book, you picked the wrong book. Yes, Jake Ballard is a professor at college and Emily was his student at some point during her college career. However, when the story starts they are no longer student-teacher. She calls him Professor only because is his profession and the whole Dominant-Submissive link.

The story flows fast given the length of the book. We have some time jumps to give the sensation of evolving and the scenario changes a couple times. However, I never truly felt a complete atmosphere. Something was missing and maybe it was only more descriptions about their whereabouts but I understand that it isn’t possible in 160 pages (more or less).

The characters are ok. Despite there is not much character development, they have defined personalities. They have an interesting dynamic with nice dialogues.

I like how the author tried to give a new perspective to this world of which we have heard so much lately. If you as Emily and I have some ideas of what BDSM really is or have read books that only use the idea of it to create a fantasy world, this is an entertaining and good opportunity to learn a bit more about it.

At some point the book becomes a classic romance with more sex in it. I think that’s when the book lost me. Emily starts to question herself if she can handle a being in a merely sexual relationship and feelings get in the mix. From then on it gets a little predictable.

Overall, a good BDSM romance with a great writing style.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't every woman ask that question: "can handle a being in a merely sexual relationship" when they start to fall for a guy? I know I have. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews