Monday, March 3, 2014

Rewound by D.T. Dyllin - Review

It's no secret that I love D.T. Dyllin and her books. Here is my review for her latest work. This is my favorite so far. Thanks to her for the copy :)

RewoundTitle: Rewound
Author: D.T. Dyllin
Release Date:
February 8th 2014
Format: E-book & Paperback
Publisher: Tik Tok Press
Dezdamona Kabinosh is on a mission—a mission of love. And she traveled back in her own timeline to complete it. After being betrayed by her husband she’s seeking a second chance at love, and Dez has come up with the perfect plan.

One problem though… Jaxson Kabinosh, her future husband, has also traveled back in time and he’s determined to keep Dez for himself. Who will win the ultimate battle for Dez’s heart? Jaxson, or her possible rebound guy.

ADD IT TO YOUR TBR-LIST: GOODREADS 

BUY IT: AMAZON | B&N

FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE AUTHOR: WEBSITE | FB | TWITTER | GOODREADS
******
MY REVIEW.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What if you could go back in time and make your life different? Would you do it? Would you try to correct your mistakes? In this standalone book by the amazing D.T. Dyllin we read about a woman who thinks that coming back to the past can be the best choice for a happy life.

In a future world, Dez is more than one hundred years old when she decides to go back to her youth. What she never thought was that her husband, Jaxson, would follow her back.

The book is fast and exciting. We jump instantly into the action without further preamble. We read about how Dez is decided to change her past and we witness her internal fight between loving and hating her husband. The sexual tension is overwhelming and palpable. The author creates an intense relationship between the characters in a way that we can feel the friction and the passion.

Dez is a really complicated woman, voluble and imperfect but that’s what makes her the perfect heroin. I love the women in this author’s books because they are tridimensional and real, basically they are humans. As part of the feminine genre, I think the author writes about women who represent us one way or another. We are not easy or simple, we have complex personalities and we don’t always act rationally (especially in the name of love).

In case you are wondering, the travelling in time is easy to understand but the book is not intended as science fiction or anything like that, it’s just a minor detail.

This is the first standalone book by Dara and let me tell is you is magnificent. After so many cliffhangers written by her, I’m glad to say she does an excellent work creating a world so complete and solid in just one volume. It has the outstanding writing style we are accustomed and the detailed descriptions that we always enjoy.

Overall, a remarkable romance with great doses of sex delivered through high temperature scenes. I don't want to spoil anything but there were moments that moistened my eyes because of the emotion and sweetness in them.

4 comments:

  1. Looks incredible! I love that time traveling is not the main focus here. Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just signed up for the blog tour for this book! I'm so excited you loved it - I'm really looking forward to reading it, even more so now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds pretty good and I love how it touches on big life questions - and on that note I don't think I would change anything because then my life now would be much different. It's like that song - bless the broken road that let me to you ;) I'm usually very picky when it comes to time travel so I'm glad it's only a minor aspect and you don't have to think too hard about it. Great review, Ruty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this book sounds really good! Very original concept. I don't think I've read a romance quite like this one. The ability to go back in time to change your past? The man that loves you going back to claim what is his? Wow, sounds very sexy! I'm gonna have to give this one a try! Thanks for the recommendation :)

    Love ya!
    Mia @ The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews