Friday, March 28, 2014

Heart Of Eternity by N. Jay - review

Heart Of Eternity
Title: Heart of Eternity
Author: N. Jay
Release Date: December 15th 2013
Format: Paperback & E-book
Publisher: Mirador Pubishing
Source: free copy via the author in exchange of an honest review.
When you are invited to dance with the muse of love, when you are driven to the edge by the pain of the past, when you hold the remedy for what ails you in your arms you will find yourself in the heart of eternity.
Set in the Blue Mountain’s town of Blackheath in New South Wales, Australia, the novel Heart of Eternity introduces two very different characters, Jay and Naida, who encounter each other at a challenging time in each of their lives. Their individual expressions of the feelings they provoke in each other give rise to a turmoil that could ultimately claim their lives. When two people understand so deeply the pain each other has faced will it force them into the abyss of darkness or will their combined need for healing allow love to enter both their hearts?
ADD IT TO YOUR TBR-LIST: GOODREADS

BUY IT: AMAZON | B&N

FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE AUTHOR: FB| AMAZON

*****
MY REVIEW.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Heart of Eternity is definitely a different reading experience. A romance with a good dosses of spirituality, destine and love. This is an excellent written story with profound characters and the eternal fight between light and darkness.

At first I didn’t know what to expect and the first chapters confused me a bit. Let me explain, after an intriguing introduction or prologue we have two parallels stories that seem to have nothing in common. We read about Naida and Jay before encountering each other and it’s hard to imagine why they will meet.
Luckily, later on the book explanations are given and it’s easy to comprehend why those two belong together.
The book has a strong metaphysical and spiritual element. The author describes a journey towards our internal essence and into the center of the human soul, or at least that’s what I could grasp. I’m not really a spiritual person but I do enjoy spirituality on characters because this is part of our reality and if it is used correctly it helps created real and believable characters. In this case, Naida wants to cure her and others via spiritual healing. It was great to see her experience with her uncle who is also a healer.

The writing is also something different. The author creates a magical world where the words are impregnated with a notorious devotion for the spiritual world. Despite being a short book (only 99 pages) the characters are tridimensional and we can see their flaws and their past.

I only had one problem with the story and was how quickly things move on once they meet. It felt rushed, it took them 60% of the book to get together and then it all happens really fast. However, I liked the outcome and was happy to finally understand the introduction.

One thing I have to mention is that Heart of Eternity is not a book for everyone. Not only the metaphysical component is something that could push away some people the writing may be a little heavy for some.

Overall, I enjoyed Heart of Eternity (I read it in only 2 hours) because for me is more than a simple romance, it’s a story about things bigger than ourselves. It’s a book about healing in a deeper level and overcoming terrible and dark past.

3 comments:

  1. This one sounds so very good Ruty, I'm definitely adding it to my TBR list and my wishlist. Thanks for the great review!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all is well as I haven't heard from you in awhile. I know you are probably busy with work and trying to keep up with your blog-- trust me, I am in the same boat!

    Heart of Eternity sounds very interesting. I can definitely see what you mean when you said this may not be a book for everyone. But the concept of destiny, things being bigger than ourselves is definitely worth thinking about from time to time. I think we get so wrapped up in our lives that we don't think about the bigger picture, you know? And there is something really intriguing about the cover of the book. It definitely caught my attention.

    Anyway, awesome review as always. I may have to give this one a try.

    Mia @ The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!

Search This Blog

Pageviews