Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Dreary & Naughty: Friday the 13th of February - Review

Dreary & Naughty: Friday the 13th of February
Title: Dreary & Naughty: Friday the 13th of February
Authors: 
John LaFleur & Shawn Dubin
Release Date: October 28th 2013
Format: Hardcover 
Publisher: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.
In this sophomore tale of our otherworldly duo, Dreary and Naughty get off to an unlucky start on Valentine's Day weekend. 
All the boys of Whispering Hills High have a crush on Naughty, which drives a wedge between them (while Dreary is, well, dead to all the girls). Can their feelings for each other survive under the trials and tribulations of the dreaded Valentine's Day exchange? 
Taking us all back to the days when not everyone was remembered on the cardstock holiday, Friday the 13th of February is the perfect message about what's truly important in love and friendship.
ADD IT TO YOUR TBR-LIST: GOODREADS 

BUY IT: AMAZING | B&N

 *****
MY REVIEW.
Thanks to the publisher for the copy via NETGALLEY.


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dreary and Naughty: Friday the 13th of February is an excellent graphic novel. The events take place on the previous day of the most romantic day of the year and present a conflict resolved in a wonderful way. This is a beautiful story about friendship and doing something special for the ones you love.

Dreary and Naughty are two great characters, with awesome names, that live in a cool place. A mix of great writing and astounding illustrations, this book is fast and entertaining.

One of my favorite parts is the writing style because the story is told in poems. Sweet rhymes and a poetic voice are just perfect. The black and white illustrations are fantastic. The little details in each scene and how the author captures the essence of the words previously written really captivates the reader and transport him or her into the story.

The story has a great message delivered through the actions from the characters toward each other. Even if you aren’t a fan of graphic novels you can enjoy this book. It has amazing characters, superb artworks and a story that flows naturally and is easy to read.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ruty!

    What a clever story! It's been awhile since I've read a graphic novel, but I am definitely a fan of them. The cover of this graphic novel is really cool, it definitely grabs your attention. And you are so right in your review-- the character names are catchy and neat! I am definitely curious to see the illustrations. If they are anything like the cover art, I am sure they are pretty awesome. And the writing is in the form of poems? That's very impressive!

    I'll definitely have to keep this one in mind. Awesome review, girl!

    Hope all is well,

    xoxo
    Mia @ The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love graphic novels, but I'm not sure if I'm going to read this. The poetry style kinda threw me off. But the cover is super cute! And I like your review :)

    Btw Ruty, I've compiled a blog roll, and I'm wondering if you'd like to be included in it. I'm listing the bloggers under separate genres they review. I talk more about it here: http://mybookmusings.blogspot.com/2014/02/author-help-blog-roll.html


    Goldie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews