Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Tempting Trouble - Review

Hello and welcome back :) 
Today's review is for a book I got from Netgalley. My thanks to the publisher for sending it.

Tempting Trouble 
by Savannah Stuart
Tempting Trouble
Story 1: Tempting Witness
When Madison Dubois witnesses a terrible crime, she goes to the only place she knows she'll be safe, Detective Rafe Jackson's house. Rafe has been in love with Madison Dubois for longer than he cares to admit. Unfortunately for him, she views him as a big brother. Or so he thinks. When she shows up on his doorstep terrified for her life, he has no choice but to keep her safe. Undeniable sparks fly when they’re forced to share a roof but unless he can keep her alive, their relationship might not have a chance to even start.  *Novella length*

Story 2: Better Late Than Never (bonus short story)
For the past year Randall Phillips has kept his distance from sexy Lindsay Taylor. When she’s in a car accident, everything is put into perspective and he throws all his rules out the window. 
They share a heated kiss but for the weeks she’s on temporary leave she ignores his calls. Now that it’s her first day back at work, he plans to convince her they’re meant to be together. When he finally gets her alone he shows her all the physical pleasures she’s been missing out on. Can he convince her he’s playing for keeps?

ADD IT TO YOUR TBR-LIST: GOODREADS

BUY IT: AMAZON | B&N

FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE AUTHOR: WEBSITE | FB |GOODREADS | AMAZON


*****
MY REVIEW.
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Tempting Trouble is a set of two stories, the novella Tempting Witness and the short story Better Late than Never. Either one of them is really good, sexy, with nice characters and with a high temperature.

Tempting Witness is the story of Madison and Rafe. They have known each other for most of their life, her brother's best friend, Rafe, has always been the subject of Madison's fantasies. His friend's little sister has become in a wonderful woman. Both have thought about the other in a "more than friends" way. However, is not up until she witnesses a serious crime that fate brings them together.

Being a novella there is no much time for developing tridimensional characters, however, there are a few glimpses of past events to create a more complete story. Is easy to imagine why Rafe stayed away from her and why now seems the perfect time to make a move. I didn’t like much Madison mainly because she goes from never having sex to this really sexual person. I can understand that maybe she never found the right partner before but for me if she was a virgin or not wasn't a big difference for the story.

The story moves really fast (maybe because of the length or just because is what the author intended) and there is no relevant tension, present in many erotic books. Yet the scenes are so good that you can skip the fact that they get together after a few pages.

Each scene brings something new and exciting. They are well written, they have a good rhythm and the author creates a sexy atmosphere without being cheap or trashy.

The short story, Better Late than Never, is a good bonus. Despite the short length is easy to see where the characters are standing and the story flows naturally. This story does have a bit of tension and the temperature starts rising from the first word. Again the sex scenes are well written and are easy to read.

Overall, Tempting Trouble is an easy and entertaining book to read. It won’t take much of your time but it surely will leave you pleased if you like this type of stories.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ruty!!!!

    I know it has been FOREVER since I last stopped by to say hello! I've missed you very much and hope you are not offended that I fell off the face of the earth for awhile. I had so much going on, ended up getting behind on my blog (yet again!). I finally got around to posting a review a couple weeks ago and posted one today, so I feel better that I am finally getting back to reviewing.

    It looks like you have been a busy bee! Tempting Trouble sounds really good. I haven't been on netgalley in awhile because I am trying to focus on reviewing the books I already got accepted for. I am SOOO behind! I figured if I don't go on netgalley, I won't be tempted to request books until I'm caught up lol.

    Tempting Trouble sounds like a book I would read. But I totally get what you mean about the lack of chemistry-- that is why I sometimes have trouble with shorter novels/novellas. Sometimes the stories are too short and doesn't allow time for chemistry or proper character development.

    Anyway, your review is great as they always are! How have you been? How is work? What do you think about how Sons of Anarchy ended???

    Love ya, girl!

    Mia @ The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!

Search This Blog

Pageviews