Thursday, November 14, 2013

Mine - Review

Hello....It's time to review a book I waited like no other. I read Real just a few weeks ago so I didn't have to wait that long for the second one but it was hard.
I'm glad I read it and now I can move on with my life. However, I'm sad it's over... now I have to wait to read Remy's POV.

You can read my review for REAL: Here.

Mine (Real #2) 
by Katy Evans
Mine (Real, #2)
He's mine, and I'm his. Our love is all-consuming, powerful, imperfect, and real...

In the international bestseller REAL, the unstoppable bad boy of the Underground fighting circuit finally met his match. Hired to keep him in prime condition, Brooke Dumas unleashed a primal desire in Remington "Riptide" Tate as vital as the air he breathes... and now he can't live without her.

Brooke never imagined she would end up with the man who is every woman's dream, but not all dreams end happily ever after, and just when they need each other the most, she is torn away from his side. Now with distance and darkness between them, the only thing left is to fight for the love of the man she calls MINE.


 ADD IT TO YOUR TBR-LIST: GOODREADS

BUY IT: AMAZONBarnes & Noble

FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
WEBSITE | FB | TWITTER | GOODREADS 


 *****
MY REVIEW.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

(This is book two in a series so this review might contain spoilers for the previous book).

Mine is everything you would expect from the sequel of a book as intense and sexy as Real. Now that Brooke and Remington are back together the real fun begins. The intensity, adrenaline, anguish, happiness, sexiness and love will multiple by ten or more (and yes it is possible). The characters have evolved, their romance has reached a new level and finally the fights are back.

In this book we see a new Brooke and she is not perfect at all. Once she realizes how much she loves Remy all her insecurities come to surface and she sees herself in a vulnerable and unknown place. When you love someone, you give him or her the power to hurt you, sometimes without even trying, you lose a part of you because now you are part of something bigger than you and Brooke has to learn this the hard way. We read about her being jealous and irrational with the addition that she has to deal with the consequences of her actions in the past.

I could write a million words about Remington. Like I said before, I don’t love him because he is extremely sexy, the perfect example of an alpha male, he is honest, strong, mysterious and protects those he loves with all his will and more. I really like him because the author managed to create a real character, a man that sounds real and believable given his condition. Even in real life is hard to understand or explain to those who don’t have face daily a person like Remy (better said with the mental illness he has) but Katy does an excellent work. And I really enjoy seeing a different Remy; this time he is more outspoken and less mysterious about his feelings.

Brooke and Remy go through some life changing moments and her actions might be debatable, however, for me is just who she is and I wouldn’t have expect anything different from her.

This time the book has different rhythms. We have the exciting and faster action we read in book one but also we have a smoother reading at some points where the words flow with less force. This is not completely bad; the temperature goes down for just some pages. It's a high temperature book with risk of explosion. The sex scenes will not disappoint you, they are even better than the first time.

The plot has a lot of coming and going, there are a few surprises, a couple of things that you definitely see coming and a great ending. As a whole is a good book.


Overall, if you enjoyed Real you definitely have to read Mine. It has the same great writing style, amazing characters and lots of good moments.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews