Friday, October 18, 2013

Real - Review

Celebrating the Spanish release of REAL by Katy Evans I decided to share with you my thoughts about this book. I can't wait to read this fantastic book in my first language.

Let me tell you that I was surprised about how good it was. I had it on my kindle app and I don't know why I decided to read it a week ago. It only took me 2 days to fall in love with Remy and Brooke and below you can discover why.

Real (Real #1) 
by Katy Evans
Real (Real, Raw & Ripped, #1)

A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…
Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.
He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .
But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.
I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.
If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?

Mature New Adult/Adult Contemporary Romance - recommended for ages 18 and up.

*******
 ADD IT TO YOUR TBR-LIST: GOODREADS

BUY IT: AMAZON | B&N |

FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
WEBSITE | FB | TWITTER | GOODREADS 

*****
MY REVIEW.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Love can be a destructive force but also can be the thing we need to feel complete. Sometimes all it takes is a song! Real is a fast, intense and exciting story about how love can be the answer we didn’t know we were looking for.

After a quick encounter during an underground fight, the paths of Brooke and Remington will unite and become one. She is dragged to his world as her therapist but the attraction will be unbearable. Sustain the professionalism will be almost impossible for Brooke when she starts to succumb to her most primal instincts.

Set in a world of luxury, parties, underground fighters, fans, personal secrets and broken dreams this is a story about accepting the cards that life gives us. Brooke trained all her life for something that was taken away by her own body. After accepting and taking a new path she meets this sexy and mysterious man. A fighter who is every woman’s fantasy, the one night stand all of them want, a man with more layers than you can see.

This love story (if you want to call it that way) is really intense to say the least. Between them exist an undeniable physical attraction but somehow Remy tries to act against it. I love how Brooke is the one pushing all the time. Is great to read about a young woman who is not afraid of saying that she wants a man in a sexual way and this is one of the strongest pillars of the book. She is not a kid and she knows what she needs from him and I think her thoughts and attitudes are amazing.

I’m in love with Remy but not because his sex appeal, his alpha male attitude, his excellent music taste, his bed performance or his vulnerable side. All of this makes him a great match but what I love is how real he sounds. The author made an EXCELLENT job giving him life, creating a personality that is not only real but also complete. Without giving anything away, I can say that is hard to capture and transmit some of his “characteristics” making them sound authentic because even in real life there are topics we don’t fully understand.

Another great thing is how the author uses songs to narrate the story. If you are a music fan, like me, you will find this extremely enjoyable. Iris has been one of my favorite songs since I heard it (6 or 7 years ago) and just by naming it the book got 5 stars in my ranking.

The writing is excellent, the passing is natural and fast, the characters are tridimensional and the sex scenes would explode any thermometer.

There are so many things I could say about this book but I will leave it up to you to discover why some readers are loving this book.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like I'm throwing another book on the TBR pile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on hold at my library. I'm not a huge fan of the genre but it looks like a great read and you make it sound soooo good Ruty! Can't wait to finally get my hands on this one.
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!

Search This Blog

Pageviews