Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Life with Snoopy - Review

Sometimes reality is bigger than anything you can imagine and the love an animal can give you is beyond words. A dog lover myself I have to read this book so when the author asked me to review it I said YES without thinking. 
Something incredible happened while reading this book. Almost two weeks ago (October 15th) I rescued a dog from a box that someone throw on the street. Just two days before starting reading this book I added a new member to my family.

On my way to work I spotted a wooden box on a land where there are no houses, I don't know why I decided to go closer. What I saw left me speachless, there were 7 puppies there. How can someone do that? I asked my sister for help and we rescued them. We gave up 6 of them to adoption because I already have 6 dogs but Nessie was so beautiful that I had to adopt her. So now I own 7 dogs :) I know it's crazy but I have a big house with a huge backyard and my family loves dogs.

My Life with Snoopy: How One Shelter Dog's Love Changed a Man's Life and Other Tails of Adventure 
by Joey Camen

My Life with Snoopy: How One Shelter Dog's Love Changed a Man's Life and Other Tails of Adventure
An exciting, tail wagging story about the relationship between Snoopy the shelter dog, and his human friend, comedian Joey Camen. 

Comedy and calamity ensue with various dogs, cats, and colorful characters you’ll meet throughout Snoopy and Joey’s thirteen year friendship. 

Snoopy, the best-looking Sheltie-mix ever to come out of the Burbank Animal Shelter redeems Joey’s distrust of dogs from a boyhood incident in Detroit and brings immense joy to his life. 

Animal lovers will laugh and shed a few tears, as they enjoy this unique and entertaining perspective on the dog-human connection.

ADD IT TO YOUR TBR-LIST: GOODREADS

BUY IT: AMAZON | B&N

FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE AUTHOR: WEBSITE | FBGOODREADS |


*****
MY REVIEW.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Life can be changed by the simple act of adopting someone. For those who love animals, and especially dogs, they aren’t simple pets. Dogs are part of our lives, giving us unconditional love and being with us through our hardest and happiest moments. My life with Snoopy is the story of a man and how a dog made him whole again.

Biographies or memoirs are usually just a retelling of someone’s life but somehow Joey Camen achieves to create a book that is more than that. Sharing his love for Snoopy we get to see the life of an incredible and beautiful dog.

Something I loved about this book is the writing style used by the author. With simple language and informal style you get to feel like you were part of a conversation. Joey shares the most important moments of Snoopy’s life without being over-sentimental or shallow. With short chapters and concrete information we learn about a relationship that changed both man and dog.

This is a great example of why you have to adopt animals from refuges or the street. I know from personal experiences that the race doesn’t make any dog better or worse than other. The love you received for a being who knows has been rescued by you is indescribable.

Another good thing about this book is how the author shares his opinion about vaccines, feeding, vets and euthanasia. Without trying to impose an ideology on how to raise someone’s pet this is a statement of why he thought it was better to act certain way. It also a good source of information about subjects you might don’t know about.

Overall, this is an excellent choice for dog and animal lovers. An excellently written book. An entertaining, funny, loving and enjoyable story that will make you laugh and cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews