Monday, August 12, 2013

Finding Pride - Review

Welcome Back and happy Monday :)

Today it's time for a romance book. The first book in The Pride series by Jill Sanders is free on Amazon. If you like contemporary romance you should read this one.

Finding Pride (The Pride #1) 
 by Jill Sanders
Finding Pride (The Pride #1)Megan Kimble has finally freed herself from years of abuse at the hands of her ex. Now she can finally start a new life and figure out just who she really is. When her brother Matt dies suddenly, she takes a big risk and moves cross country to live in his house and take over his new business. This could be the chance she’s needed. There’s only one problem now. She can’t seem to escape the irresistible charm of her departed brother’s best friend.
Todd Jordan just lost his best friend and business partner. Watching Matt’s sister move into town, his attraction to her is instant. Can he prove to her that all men are not the same, and resist his own desires as she learns to trust again? Overcoming the odds is just part of their journey. The two must first survive a fateful visit from Megan’s ex to have any chance at happiness.
Finding Pride is book one of the Pride Series Romance Novels, a sexy contemporary romance series by Jill Sanders.

ADD IT TO YOUR TBR-LIST: GOODREADS

BUY IT: AMAZON | B&N | KOBO

FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE AUTHOR: WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADSGOOGLE+

*******
MY REVIEW.


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After suffering an infernal marriage and losing her brother due to a crash accident, Megan is in the town of Pride trying to heal. There she meets a loving family of two brothers and a sister that immediately take her under their care. The Jordans used to be close to her brother, Matt, they were frequently at his house and shared business projects with him.

As you can expect she finds herself attracted to Todd, the oldest of the Jordans, a widower with a nice body and an interesting personality. Their relationship is typical for a romance, at first she refuses to let him in but finally gives in and the passion unleashes.

The characters are good; they have defined personalities and seem real. Megan is a woman who has suffered a lot; she had to go through imaginable things and has lived really hard situations. Raised by her brother, she ended up in an abusive marriage. Her pain feels real and when she talks about it you can sense the anguish so in general her character and her story are great and believable.

Todd is another story, he is supposed to be the perfect man, the knight that comes to her rescue but his personality is not the best and fails a lot. For me he has serious jealousy issues, I mean he can’t even stand to see his brother talking to Megan. And there were a lot of his attitudes that I couldn’t like or understand.

Lacey and Iian were my favorites besides Megan, they are adorable, caring and I can see them as future leading characters.

As any adult romance it has some scenes with a high temperature. These are great; they are believable, with a perfect timing and a good progression. These moments serve to see a tender and sweet side of Todd.

The book has a fast rhythm in general, good writing and a loving setting. My only complain about the story would be the ending, it was way too predictable. I don’t want to spoil anything but if you are an observant reader you will figure things before they happen.

I would recommend this book to those who like romance and believe in a lifetime love.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruty!

    How are you, girl? Hope all is well with work! I am sure you are tired! I have a few more weeks and then school starts back up for me. I also will be flying out the first week of school because my best friend is getting married and she lives several states away. So I have a busy early September ahead of me!

    Anyway, this sounds like a cute romance. I like my guys to be a little alpha, a little possessive, but there is a fine line. Maybe I'll find this one and read it on the plane when I fly out to my best friend's wedding!

    Anyway, hope all is well! Miss you!

    xoxo
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruty, great review. I need a good ending and a romantic lead that steals my heart.

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!

Search This Blog

Pageviews