Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Things I Can't Forget - Review & Guest Post

When I received an email asking me if I wanted to review this book, my answer was yes! without hesitation. I loved Catching Jordan so reading another Miranda's book was a thing I had to do.
I loved this one and also I had fun reading the top 10 things Miranda would change about her highschool years :)
Keep reading and have fun.

   Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks #3) 
by Miranda Kenneally 

Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
SOME RULES WERE MEANT TO BE BROKEN.

Kate has always been the good girl. Too good, according to some people at school—although they have no idea the guilty secret she carries. But this summer, everything is different...

This summer she's a counselor at Cumberland Creek summer camp, and she wants to put the past behind her. This summer Matt is back as a counselor too. He's the first guy she ever kissed, and he's gone from geeky songwriter who loved The Hardy Boys to a buff lifeguard who loves to flirt...with her.

Kate used to think the world was black and white, right and wrong. Turns out, life isn't that easy...


ADD IT TO YOUR TBR-LIST: GOODREADS

BUY IT: AMAZON | B&N

FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE MIRANDA KENNEALLY & HER BOOKS: WEBSITE | FB | TWITTER | GOODREADS

******* 

GUEST POST: 
Top Ten things Miranda Kenneally would change about her high school years if she could go back in time.

1. I would do my homework the night before school rather than 10 minutes before class.
2. I would pull my pants up. Sagging was not cool then and it’s not cool now.
3. I would not consider the daughter of the owner of the local car dealership a “celebrity.”
4. I would not wear those two-inch long crocodile earrings. Really, Miranda, what were you thinking?
5. I would accept the soccer captain’s invitation to come swim at his pool instead of wussing out.
 6. I would’ve waited for my first kiss. The guy I kissed first was not a good guy, and it wasn’t worth it just to say I’d kissed someone.
 7. I would confront the school guidance counselor, who told me I’d “fail” if I went to an out-of-state college. And if I got in trouble for telling her off? So be it.
8. I would push harder for a role in Fiddler on the Roof instead of settling for stage manager again!
9. That time me and some of the guys took my mom’s SUV mudding? Yeah, I would not do that again. Even 5 trips through the carwash didn’t get rid of the mud. What a nightmare.
10. I would read more books instead of worrying about guys so much!

 *******
MY REVIEW. 
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Miranda Keneally did it again. Things I can’t forget is a fantastic and loving story. A story about being true to yourself and hold on to your beliefs, about learning that life is not all about black and white. If you are a fan of Miranda’s work you should read this one.

Kate is a sweet eighteen-year-old girl working at summer camp. After making some hard decision and questioning her faith and God she has to face the first boy she ever kissed. Matt is one of the most sweet, adorable and honest boys I ever read about.

This book has a steady and natural rhythm, with awesome and entertaining dialogues. A book with great characters developments, characters that felt tridimensional because they have flaws and virtues. If you are familiar with Miranda’s books you probably known this fact, her characters somehow take life and is easy to picture them.

Kate is a character that I didn’t like at times but once I read more about her it was easier to understand her, some of her actions or dialogues were nerve-racking but that only make me feel closer to her. I like when a character makes you get angry or happy, it means the author did a great job portraying the emotions. Matt is AMAZING, a sweet and caring person, with a fun and fresh attitude. Their romance is adorable and it’s great to read about it.

Things I can’t forget is about much more than love and there are many great secondary characters. Some of them show us than a friend is the only thing we need during our darkest moments.

This is a story with the power to helps us understand that we have to be faithful to our beliefs but also we have to be tolerant and respectful with others’. The world is a better place because of the diversity of thoughts; we are better humans when we understand that sometimes what we think is right is not applicable to someone else. Life is confusing and sometimes is hard to differentiate right from wrong. Admitting that we were wrong is not easy, however, we don’t have to forget or ignore who we are just for someone else likes us.

A very recommendable book for Miranda’s fan, people who enjoy new adult and YA.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading Miranda Kenneally's Top Ten list! haha. She's cool :) And as for your review, I like entertaining dialogues. It doesn't bore me.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews