Monday, April 15, 2013

Death - Review

Death is book 3 in the Deck of Lies series written by Jade Varden. I loved the first two books so I don't know why I didn't read it sooner.
Deck of Lies is a series full of secrets and mystery. Every word just caught more and more until you end up in a tangled web of thruth you wish you didn't know.
I can't wait to read the final instalment and discover how thing's work out for Rain.

I tried to do my review spoiler-free but  being book 3 there are facts that are impossible not to mention. If you haven't read the previous books and don't want to go ahead in the story, you can skip this review.

You can check my review for the previous books here:

  Death (Deck of Lies #3)  
by Jade Varden

I never wanted to get in this deep, but I did go looking for the truth before I was prepared to handle it. 

But how do you close the lid on Pandora’s box? 

You can’t unlearn something, or forget a dark secret once it’s been revealed.

I have no choice but to do my part to bury the truth again -- this time, someplace no one will ever be able to find it. But that’s the problem with lies. Once you start pulling threads, everything unravels.

No one is who they seem to be...not even me.

ADD IT TO YOUR TBR-LIST: GOODREADS

BUY IT: AMAZON | B&N | SMASHWORDS

FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE AUTHOR: 

WEBSITE | FB | TWITTER | GOODREADS 

******** 
MY REVIEW.

My rating:  5 of 5 stars

A house built upon lies will crumble and fall at the sign of wind. A good lie deserves another one and then another. When your life is based on lies is only matter of time before somehow the truth comes up. All those lines could summarize a story that keeps getting better and better. A story about who we really, about justice and freedom, the life of a girl that is more than a mystery series, with amazing ingredients such as power, money and love.

Rain is doing everything in her power to set free River, who was put in jail accused of murdering Lauren. In her quest for justice and truth, Rain will discover that her family is even more messed up than she thought. Behind every corner a new untruth will be discovered and she finally will understand why sometimes the lies sound better than reality.

It is a story that moves really fast (as the previous books), with great dialogues and hints of the future that make you want to know the end ASAP. It’s almost impossible to stop reading because the intrigue is so high that you won’t be able to sleep.

Death traps you from the first word especially because it kicks off where The Tower ends, consequently we will discover who killed Lauren. However, knowing who the real killer is won’t solve anything; it will only add more secrets and riddles to solve.

Jade Varden does an excellent job maintaining the suspense and surprises until the last page. You never know what is coming next what causes that most times you are as shocked and speechless as Rain. With a wonderful writing style that creates a fresh, real and young world.

The characters development is another of the reasons why I loved this series, a girl who was shy, honest and naïve has become a strong, determinate and brave young woman. As you move on in the story you can read her progress and witness her evolution.

The story is coming to its culminating point and you can feel it as you read, finally the bigger picture is revealing and we are only one book away of knowing the whole truth, don’t we???

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ruty!

    I just left you a reply back on my blog. Thanks for the comment and showing me some love! I've missed ya!

    Wow, this series sounds really good. I love coming onto your blog because you tend to have books on here that I haven't come across. I guess I need to start with book 1 and work my way through. I like a good suspense series :)

    I am off to my 2nd job now, but when I get home I plan to check out more of your reviews since I've missed so many!

    Love ya girl!
    Mia @ The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!

Search This Blog

Pageviews