Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Perfectly Unique - REVIEW

Hi! It's time for a new review.
I received a copy of this book via NETGALLEY some time ago. I'm not a fan of non-fiction but I enjoyed it :)

I really liked the cover and the fact that the lead singer of Lady Antebellum recommend it, is a plus :)

 

Perfectly Unique: Praising God From Head to Foot
by Annie F. Downs
Your body is an instrument. No, it's not a flute, or a guitar (I hope). It is a sacred and original design by a master craftsman with a specific plan and purpose. That's a pretty big deal. From head to foot, the way you view your body is directly connected to how you serve God. Seriously. From the thoughts you think to the steps you take, every part of you is linked to the divine. Perhaps you are struggling with your body image or are trying to make sense of why God made you as you are. Maybe you are looking for new ways to understand Scripture or to love God more fully. Either way, this book will take you on a thoughtful, funny, and spirit-filled exploration of the way you were designed and will help you better honor the Creator by learning to value his perfectly unique creation (yourself!).


FIND THE BOOK:
*****
MY REVIEW.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Perfectly unique is a non-fiction book that could be easily a fiction one. If Annie would have chosen to hide her behind a fictional girl to give advices about how to honor God with your body, it would had been believable. However she decided to be honest and use her experience to help others.

Annie creates a book that is perfect for young and adults. There is no age for being uncomfortable with your body, learning to love yourself and really be ok with who you are takes time and is not easy.

Overall, is a fantastic book to help girls to learn and understand what true beauty is about. To help them comprehend that the outside is not everything, that true beauty begins inside us.

The religious approach that the book has might be something that non-religious people will not like or it could be the argument for not reading this book. I’m not a religious person myself, but reading about the love the author has towards God and how her spirituality is a fundamental part of who she is, makes this book a good reading.

The book also includes tips to learn to appreciate every part of you, funny personal stories, recipes and verses from the Bible.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I don't really like reading religious books. I feel like every one of us have their own different ideas and I don't want them to mix. but this is definitely an important subject. LOVED your review
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Ruty. This isn't my type of book at all but I know some people whom it would appeal to :)
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews