Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Remember Me - Review

It's time for a new review.
I received a copy of this one by the author. If you like sc-fi and a bit of romance this book is for you!



Remember Me
by Brian L. MacLearn


ABOUT THE BOOK.
While mowing his lawn, a strange storm creates a black hole and pulls Andrew back through time to 1985, leaving behind his new wife and the life he always dreamed of.
With no way back he tries to create a life in the past. The technology in his cell phone promises to make him rich beyond his wildest dreams, but a brief encounter with his ex wife causes a ripple effect that erases his daughter from existence.
Now Andrew must try and survive the next 25 years in the hopes the black hole will reappear so he can travel back once more and save his daughter, and himself.
But making it twenty-five years is starting to seem less likely as he is plagued by bad luck. It's that all it is, or is "time" out to get him for meddling in the past?





FIND THE BOOK:



*******
 
MY REVIEW.

My rating: 3.5/5

By some mystery twist of fate Andrew has been transported 25 years into the past. Now he has to see his life move on without him and has to deal with the dilemma of interfere or not with the past. What would you do if you have the opportunity to watch your life all over again? Would you try to change the past?

Remember Me is one rollercoaster of emotions and science fiction. Since the moment a 50-year-old Andrew is living in 1985, things will never be the same. Debating himself in the endless question of how is presence will change the future, we see him taking some difficult choices.

Andrew is a mature man but it doesn’t mean he has all the answers. He is one of the more human characters I have ever read. With a profound desire of change the world for good, of making it a better place, his humanity is always present. However, there were a few chapters that didn’t made justice to his persona because it felt like he was taking the situation with an extraordinary calm, when in reality we learn after that he was really affected by it.

Once he decides to get in touch with people of his past we can see the future, as he knows it, become a blur in the horizon. You cannot expect to live without consequences even by the minimal step. And it is really interesting to read how his presence changed the reality.
This is a well written book with a solid background and a believable outcome. It counts with excellent characters that feel human and real and the perfect amount of action and science fiction.

My favorite part was the ending. I’m glad that it wasn’t what I expected and I loved the emotional charge it has. The final chapters and Amy’s story will definitely transmit a load of feelings that will touch you deeply.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ruty!

    I miss you too! Thanks for stopping by. I feel so bad that I haven't been blogging. I've been having a hard time getting back into a routine ever since I got sick. I've been reading like crazy, but haven't had the time or motivation to write any reviews! It's very annoying. I know I will get back on track, especially when I have a great blogger buddy like you! :D

    So how have you been?? Can you believe there are only 2 more episodes of Sons of Anarchy for this season?! It went by soooo fast! What do you think so far about all the craziness???

    Ohh and you need to read/watch this article/video about saying goodbye to "Opie" HERE. Soooo sad!

    Anyway, hope all is well! Your blog is looking awesome! I have to get caught up on your reviews :)

    Best Wishes!
    Mia @
    The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews