Monday, October 8, 2012

Dead(ish) - New Review

Happy Monday! A new week has started and it's time for a new review! 
Well, I got this one at amazon.com. It was for free but the reason I got it was its cover.

I LOVE THE COVER. It's so beautiful, the moment I saw it I wanted to read the book.
To be honest, after seeing the cover I immediately thought it would be a YA book or a book for kids or younger people, I was so wrong :)

No matter what I think about the book the cover is AMAZING :)


DEAD (ISH)
by Naomi Kramer
 
 
 From Goodreads:

Linda’s had a bad day. First her boyfriend killed her. Then she woke up, still on this boring plane of existence, and with an odd obsession about her missing body. Mike won’t tell her what he did with her body, and she can’t find the stupid thing herself. There’s only one thing she can do - torment the bastard until he coughs up the information.
This is a very short work - novelette length.


Warning:

Frequent foul language, mild sex scenes, and Australian spelling.




FIND IT ON: Photobucket


*****
 
MY REVIEW. 

My rating: 2.5/5

Dead (ish) is supposed to be a funny-paranormal book. Don’t get me wrong, it gets funny some times. It is a short book that can be great for some people.

Dead (ish) is mainly about Lisa. She is dead and she comes back to haunt her boyfriend, who is the same that killed her, and with the help of an investigator is looking for her body to finally rest in peace.

The idea is interesting and is catchy for moments. The switch between the different points of views is a good way to read the whole story. It moves fast and luckily it has a resolution for the story.

But the book has some flaws. I don’t mind the swearing or the sex scenes (that are not really sex scenes is only chatting about sex or some minor memories) I think that they really fit to the story and the characters.

What I didn’t like were the characters. All of them were annoying and I wanted to punch them all. Can anybody be more annoying that these people? Really, I didn't like any of them.

I absolutely love the cover. Is so beautiful and really makes you want to read the book. However, when you see it, you think you will find a kid’s book or something for younger people but it is not.

2 comments:

  1. The cover certainly seems to aim for the Middle-grade audience. It actually looks pretty adorable.

    Characters can make or break stories. I hope you find something more enjoyable later on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ruty!

    I have missed you soooo much too! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your well wishes. You definitely are my dearest blogger friend!

    Yesss, I have been watching Sons of Anarchy Season 5. OMG! Are you all caught up? I don't want to say anything because I don't want to accidentally spoil stuff for you! I am all caught up, and episode 5 airs tonight. So let me know if you are so we can discuss the season so far :)

    Hope all is well with you. I'm slowly getting back into blogging. It's hard to get motivated after being sick. I don't even know where to start!

    xoxo
    Mia @ The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews