Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Tower (Deck of Lies #2) - Review

Jade Varden did it again!
Now with the second book in the Deck of Lies triology, Rain's life only becomes more and more turbid, more tangled, more mysterious. It's really an excelent sequel. :)
I will try to make my review spoilers free but because it's the second book you may have to read the first one to understand a lot of things!

You can see my review for the first book HERE.
Now I have wait to read the third book.


From Goodreads:
Death brings some families closer, but it’s ripped mine apart. I wanted to convince the police that they had the wrong suspect...but I never expected them to start suspecting me. Now, I have no choice but to keep searching for the truth, even if all my relationships fall to pieces around me.
Someone is trying to make me look guilty. I never thought my mission to prove my own innocence would lead me to more family secrets. I thought I had already discovered the truth about myself. But every answer raises more questions, and everything I think I know is about to change...again.
I have to find the truth, no matter how much it hurts -- before I get charged with murder.


*****

MY REVIEW.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Not again! One more time the ending left me waiting for more. The Tower is the perfect sequel to a great story and it really didn’t disappoint me. Jade Varden has created another EXCELLENT book and really deserves a round of applauses.

This series only keeps proving my point -we are who we are because of the choices we made. Every time we say, do, think or see something, we are lead to a choice, one that not only affects us but all the people around us as well.

In this book we see Rain still struggling to adjust to her new life and everything that comes with it. She’s still learning who is she supposed to be and what others expect of her. But a murder keeps her in the eye of the storm. Our leading lady hasn’t discovered all the secrets yet and she might not be ready for what is to come.

Rain is becoming a strong woman and we continue seeing her evolution. She is true to herself through the whole deal and maintains the essence we saw in the first book.

Some of the characters are showing their true faces, we finally see the real Owen. We see her making alliances with some unthinkable people.

The story surprised me on every page, it keeps revealing secrets, lies, and more of the past. And what is most important along the story we have glances of the future, some lines lets us see how things will work out.

There were many fragments that I loved. Not only because I think that like his predecessor is very well written, The Tower has minor thoughts worth reading. Like the fact that sometimes we seek truth, justice, thinking that will make us free and help us move forward. But we can be wrong, because the truth we find only sinks us deeper.

It’s really an amazing book, with drama, mystery, friendship, self-discovery, redemption and one of my favorite characters.



FIND IT ON:
Photobucket  Photobucket  Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Five stars is high praise. I've put it on my TBR list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruty,

    Murder/mystery? The summary sounds good. Thanks for sharing :D

    http://www.bookwhales.blogspot.com/2012/08/book-of-month-august-2012-this-is-not.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!

Search This Blog

Pageviews