Sunday, August 26, 2012

Divergent - New Review

Happy Sunday :)
Probably half of the reading world has already read Divergent but I had it on my TBR list for a while. As part of a challenge on a Goodreads group someone pick it for me. So I read it... and IT'S AMAZING. Now I can't wait to read the sequel.


DIVERGENT by VERONICA ROTH.

From Goodreads:

In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.






MY REVIEW.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Divergent is one of those books you can’t put down. I don’t know why I hadn’t read it before.

There are many great things in this book such as a simple and clever explanation to why the society is divided into factions, a kick-ass leading lady, a sexy-brave-intelligent-mysterious guy and a lot of action. But the best part of the story is the message it sends. We can try as much as we want to be perfect, to prevent the evil inside us to take control, we can even dream about creating a perfect and pacific world. However, the truth is that we can’t tell people what to do, is in our nature to go against the rules. Humans can’t be divided into factions because we are more than just one attribute, we can be honest, peaceful, braves, wise,selfless all at once.

Divergent present us Tris (former know as Beatrice), a sixteen-year-old who has to choose which faction she wants to live. As expected she doesn’t choose her faction. While we see her immersing herself in a society in which the most important is to face your fears and not let them control you.

Being a YA dystopia the book never lacks friendship, romance, bad guys, and self-discovery. Getting
to know yourself and embrace who you are is the best thing Tris learnt through the book.

Overall is an intelligent dystopia that drags us in a world of appearances and a divided human kind. A good start for a trilogy -one that has a lot of potential to be one of the best out there.

There’s only one thing I didn’t like and is the fact that it was too obvious who FOUR really was. Maybe it was just me, but from the beginning I knew his true identity.

*****

FIND IT ON:  Photobucket  Photobucket   Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I must be the only person in this blogosphere who hasn't read this one yet! Sounds like such a fantastic dystopian and I love the sound of addictiveness XD Too bad that Four character thing was obvious for you, though I'll have to read this one first before I understand what you mean >_<

    Great review, Ruty! <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I totally agree! I think everything about this book just totally sucked me in! I first read it when I first got braces so I was so irritable I didn't like it but I think I changed tastes at one point and now I'm obsessed with the series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ruty!

    Awesome blog post!! :) And I agree, the mystery behind FOUR was not really a mystery.
    Coincidentially, I wrote a review for Divergent last night :D
    Check it out when you get time! :)
    http://highlyreadioactive.blogspot.in/2012/08/review-divergent-by-veronica-roth.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started this book and abandoned it. It didn't work for me. I just couldn't stomach it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews