Tuesday, July 24, 2012

How to travel the world for free - Review

Hi! Today I bring the review of a different kind of book. I hope you give it a try because it truly is really interesting.
I recieved this book from the publisher via NETGALLEY.


HOW TO TRAVEL THE WORLD FOR FREE: I DID IT, AND YOU CAN DO IT, TOO! by Michael Wigge.




How to Travel the World for Free The unbelievable feat of traveling 25,000 miles—from Berlin to Antarctica—without any money! Join Michael Wigge as he immerses himself into fascinating subcultures, rides with Amish farmers in old-fashioned buggies, sleeps on the street with the homeless, and, with the help from alternative lifestylers, learns to nourish himself with flowers. Wigge had only 3 concerns during his travels: How do I get some food? How will I get to my next destination? Where can I sleep? …all without money! This unusual travel diary combines adventure with humor and contains surprising revelations about when money is really needed—and when it’s not. A must-read for every travel and adventure fan!

***

MY REVIEW.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Imagine travel from Germany to Antarctica without money. It may sound a little crazy but in this book Michael Wigge proves us that it's possible. This book tells the adventure of Michael to achieve his goal of made all the way to Antarctica without expending any cent from his pocket. And quite a journey it is.

Since he leaves from Germany every step is full of emotion, adventure, pros and cons, and the insecurity of what’s to come. Every person he gets to know in Canada, USA, Hawaii, Costa Rica, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Argentina, has a story to share, some of them are really interesting.

The best part about the long trip is all the people and different cultures he gets to know. All the people that helped him, only reaffirm that there is good out there, that there’s people willing to share the little they have without asking anything in exchange.

All the jobs and crazy ways he had to find to get money, food and mains of transports made this book really entertaining, fun and easy to read. (My favorite job is pillow fighting).

Michael really captures the spirit of his journey and makes you feel part of it.

***
FIND THE BOOK:
Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ruty!

    Wow, this sounds like a very interesting read! I love coming on your blog because you always have books that I have never heard before or I wouldn't normally read. Your reviews are always thorough and well thought out :) Thanks for the recommendation :)

    xoxoxo
    Mia @ The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds SO cool! <3 I've never read a book of this sort before, but this is rather mind-opening, and I think reading this type of book gives you a sense of fascination on what people can be truly capable of! Also, it's so great that it shines light on different cultures from different places ^_^ Fantastic review <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews