Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Shades of Grey - New Review

Hi everyone! I was supposed to post this post on Monday, here it's already Tuesday. But I had a busy weekend and my niece and nephew were at home so it was kind of crazy this past few days!!
Also I been partying, because as you may not know I'm a big football fan (soccer in USA) and this Saturday was the Finale of the Champions League, and my team won!! :)
I'm a big Chelsea fan! CONGRATS TO CHELSEA!!!
Unfortunately the team I support locally, lost its match on Sunday, but I'm still happy because of Chelsea.

And now... my latest Review! Thanks Michael for contacting me! I really liked your book. It only took me 2 days to read it, but it was a nice change.


Shades of Grey by Michael Cargill
FROM GOODREADS.
John is not a very nice man. He works for the government. So who has tied him to a chair and what do they want? James is a British soldier during WWII. Tom is a young boy with a terrible secret

Three stories. Three very different people. All of them battling to survive.

***
MY REVIEW
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn’t know what to expect of a book with three stories in it that at first look a bit different. Luckily, I ended up enjoying a book mainly about life and about survival, fear, death and our conscience.
In Shades of Grey we found three short stories. They are very different but similar stories, about men at a breaking point of their lives. At first it may look like they don’t have nothing in common but after you finish I think you would find out that they share a lot of characteristics.
They are united why the way they see life and death. They share the fact that they have their past really present in every move they made. Each one of them deals with death in a different way. Their stories show us things that sometimes we believed are wrong, without trying to justify them. The purpose of the book is tales us about these men (although one is a little boy) and what’s going on inside their heads, but without act like a redeemer for them. You never feel like somebody is trying to find a reason of why they act this way.
The author have the ability of transports us into each one of the stories. You can feel yourself strapped out to a chair, in a hole during a war and as a child trying to deal with life. Every feeling is really well described and I found a couple fragments very funny.
My favorite one was the last one Down the Rabbit Hole; in this one the author really makes a good job. Tom as a little kid still has that innocence where he doesn’t distingue between good and bad. Tom doesn’t understand yet the idea of taking some choices that would bring consequences, and has his imagination as his ally.
In the other two we found John and James, the first one is sort of a spy, which I love, and has a really interesting mind. Everything he says sounds funny. And then we have James, who is in the World War II, I really like his story. I’m a fan of historical books, but in this one we focalize in him and how he sees war.
Overall, a great book, that proves us that what matters is quality, not the length of the book.

FIND THE BOOK:
Photobucket    Photobucket    Photobucket


Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!!

Search This Blog

Pageviews