Saturday, March 17, 2012

Catching Jordan - Review

So it's Saturday (finally) I barely could sleep this week, but I finished reading this great book!
And here's my review...


Catching Jordan



What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though - she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team... and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate.


FIND THE BOOK:
Photobucket    Photobucket

My Review:

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Rate: 4.5/5

Catching Jordan is one of those books you can't put down. A book full of friendship, love, and sports.
You may think is one of those books really easy to read, and even though I read it very fast is not a light book, it's a quiet deep one.

Here we met Jordan, a girl quarterback in a team of men. She's the daughter of a famous football star, but that doesn't mean everyone aproves that she plays. She's in her senior year and wants so bad to play college football. But then a gorgeus guy appears at her school, Ty, who joined the team. From that point on, everything gets crazy. She likes this guy, she wants to obtain a place in Alabama university, she really wants her father's support, and then she finds out that her best friend loves her (and not just as a friend).

What I love about this book is that shows a lot of things sometimes we forgot.
Like, how sometimes just because your a girl, your suppose to act certain way, or if you want to do something different people not always going to be by your side. How sometimes for being focused in things we believe is what's right for us, we miss what's right in front of our noses.
The author has a great way to explain how difficult is to let go thing we always wanted just because we can't accept that maybe we were wrong, or that there are things that we can't do nothing about and we have to deal with that fact.

Jordan is a great girl, a very determined one. She is like any other 17 year girl, trying to figure out what to do next with her life. She has to suffer from some prejudices because is a girl playing football. But she also has some misconceptions about the other girls.
Then we have Harry, her best friend, who I love, because it's very funny and really loves her and support her.
Ty: I mean... he is good looking and all, but since the start I can't make him like me.
Her father and her mother are two great characters, and I could understand her father sometimes. I don't think you get to hate him or anything like that.
Her brother, Mike, a great guy too.

I really loved this book. It's way too good. I ended up feeling quiet happy on how everything turn out.
I wanted to share some more thing, but I don't want to ruin the book four you.

1 comment:

  1. I love your review! I am a HUGE fan of this book! But I found not a lot of people have read it. I wrote a review for it too on my new book blog :) check it out if you are interested! http://readingtostayalive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews