Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Putting boys on the Ledge (review)

Putting Boys on the Ledge
Putting Boys on the Ledge (A Girlfriend's Guide to Boys Book #1)
Meet Blueberry Waller, whose name is the only interesting thing about her life. Until now.

Not only is Blue dealing with the worst name in the world, crazy parents and a clingy younger sister, she just got a part in the school play. And now she's acting with Heath Cavendish, total crush-worthy senior. He would never give a second look to a girl like Blue. Except he has.

Her friends say Blue should play it cool, put Heath on the Ledge so she can keep the upper hand. Trouble is, she doesn't know how to be clever around boys. Thankfully her pal Colin offers his help in teaching her how to get the guy. But he's just being a good friend. Isn't he?

Suddenly the wallflower is getting all the attention. But will being in the spotlight keep Blue from making the right decisions...for her?

The Girlfriends' Guide to Boys : For these four friends, understanding the world of boys is only half the battle.



FIND THE BOOK:
Photobucket   Photobucket Photobucket
***
My Review:

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

(I received this book from the publisher via Netgalley).

Putting Boys on the Ledge presents us Blue. A 14 years old, a freshman in highschool, and her three friends. This four are entering the world of dating and dealing with boys.
First she entered the school musical and there she met Heath, who she believes is the most amazing guy in the world. And then we met Colin, a guy who become a friend, a confident and even a teacher for Blue.
Is very easy to feel relate to everything Blue goes through. She has to deal with everything teenager girl have to: friends, family and BOYS.
The dialogues and scenes in the book are really funny, smart and lovely.
Is great how the author captures the roller coaster of emotion that Blue feels along the story.

Blue is one of the funniest characters I ever met. She's like any other teenager, and her head is full with funny comments. Everytime she has to say or do something, we read all this crazy thoughts in her head, wich are more than entertaining.

The scenes between Blue, her friends and the boys made this a perfect book for young teenagers, but for sure any reader will found it amusing.

***

P.S.: While I was reading this book I could imagine it as a movie. I think it would be a great teen movie . I love that kind of movies.

1 comment:

  1. That's such a great review! I've never heard of this, but your review makes me want to read it now! I've been looking to read more contemporaries.

    By the way, I'm hosting a music tournament at my blog and I was hoping you could participate and spread the word. I'd really appreciate it! :)

    The Tuney Tournament

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!
Leave me a link to your blog and I'll make sure to visit your blog ASAP :)

Search This Blog

Pageviews