Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Bridge of Deaths - review

The Bridge of Deaths by M.C.V. Egan
The Bridge of Deaths
   

From Goodreads:
On August 15th 1939, at the brink of World War II, an English plane crashed and sunk in Danish waters. Five deaths were reported: two Standard Oil of New Jersey employees, a German Corporate Lawyer, an English member of Parliament, and a crew member for the airline. Here is a conceivable version of the events.

FIND THE BOOK:
Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

MY REVIEW.
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
(Rating: 3.5/5) I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
Carl Sagan (American astronomer, writer, and scientist.)

Will you spend 18 years of your life searching for the true? I personally don’t know, but this is what Catalina has done.
In search of the true story behind the death of his grandfather, Catherine was involved in a pre-war world in which espionage and "backstage" was commonplace. Resulting in this book.
A novel or a history book?
In the early chapters the presentation of the characters seems to point to a novel, which could well be a fiction, then move on to some chapters that seem more a collection of data and references. However, since half the story we’re back to the novel.
The relationship of the characters leads to gathering data and information, wich is very interesting and very light.
Especially in the later chapters, you get to related intimately with the characters and one wishes to achieve their goals.
It is important that if the reader is not closely related to history in general, not just World War II, may be lost and to lose interest in history.
Personally I see history as a fundamental component of who we are, and being a lover of it, I found the book that manages all data in a great way.
Another advantage is that not only uses common information sources, but uses psychic, past lives, and other spiritual people.

Overall a great book, entertaining and even educational.

1 comment:

  1. That's so great that you liked this book! I usually don't go for history books, but I think it looks like a really informational and fun to read book. I just don't know if I could get through those parts that are just facts.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog, by the way, on my post on Cookies and Comments. I really appreciated that you took the time to answer my questions about comments. By the way, my cookies were really good, and I'm going to gain five pounds by the time they're gone and I'm going to need to do serious dieting. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!!

Search This Blog

Pageviews