Wednesday, March 21, 2012

If you see the Weepers: Run!!! (Review)

Hi guys, here's my latest review!
My classes are killing me: last night I only slept 5 hours and today I have to read like half a dozen books. But I managed to finish this book.

THE WEEPERS :THE OTHER LIFE 
by Susanne Winnacker
The Other Life The Other Life


3 years, 1 month, 1 week and 6 days since I’d seen daylight. One-fifth of my life.

Sherry and her family have lived sealed in a bunker in the garden since things went wrong up above. Her grandfather has been in the freezer for the last three months, her parents are at each other’s throats and two minutes ago they ran out of food.
Sherry and her father leave the safety of the bunker and find a devastated and empty LA, smashed to pieces by bombs and haunted by ‘Weepers’ - rabid humans infected with a weaponized rabies virus.
While searching for food in a supermarket, Sherry’s father disappears and Sherry is saved by Joshua, a boy-hunter. He takes her to Safe-haven, a tumble-down vineyard in the hills outside LA, where a handful of other survivors are picking up the pieces of their ‘other lives’. As she falls in love for the first time, Sherry must save her father, stay alive and keep Joshua safe when his desire for vengeance threatens them all.



FIND THE BOOK:
Photobucket   Photobucket  Photobucket

***

MY REVIEW:

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Rate: 3.5/5
(I received this book from the publisher via NETGALLEY.)

"The other life", actually the title fits perfect to the story.
A story about a world devasted by a virus and a few survivors who will do anything to stay alive.
In this post-apocalyptic world we met Sherry. She and her family had stayed in a bunker for three years (imagine that: three years whitout seeing the sun).
One day she and her father, left the bunker to find food. And then the action begins.

This story shows in a great way the things and the decissions we'd have to deal if we were in a post-apocalyptic world. The way the characters move in this "new world" and the things they have to do if they want to stay alive are really shocking but are very credibles.

At the begining of the story I could hardly keep from crying. The post-virus world is so well argued and everything seem so hopeless, that I really enjoyed it.
Then we have the action, Joshua, and the Weepers (wich are this kind of mutants). And everything moves to fast. And you found a Sherry willing to do anything for survive.
But then we have the last chapters. I don't know why, but everything seems to pass so slow, and we have to wait for the second book to find out how things move on.

I really like some fragments, between chapters that showed life before the virus, and it's nice to see what things seemed important before, and wich things are a priority in this new life.

In general an interesting book, with some drops of emotion and romance.

I don't know about you, but I prefer the cover with the butterfly.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ruty!

    I have Weepers on my "Wish List" on Amazon.com. Your review makes me want to read it more!

    Thanks for the great review!

    Mia at The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fast paced then slow, then what a cliff hanger?.eek. I was looking forward to getting this one, think i will hold off for a while..maybe a library book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean... is not that bad! But I expected more! and the final chapters are a bit slow! and the end... I probably wanted something more!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment!!!

Search This Blog

Pageviews